We the People, of the newly formed League of Non-aligned Voters, drawing from the diverse cultural backgrounds and wide variety of perspectives available in America today, intend to work together in order to create a more representative coalition by which to influence this Nation's political activities. The establishment of this coalition is in response to our belief that hyper-partisan extremists have usurped control of our political system and that it has become non-responsive to the needs or desires of the majority of it population.
It is only by organizing our efforts in the form of a political action group that we hope to re-energize and increase the participation of those citizens who have become dis- enfranchised under the current state of our union. It is further intended to provide opportunities for all citizens to become more actively engaged participants in their own Self Government. By establishing this group and working to achieve these goals, our intention is to restore control of this government back into the hands of the people where it belongs as was originally intended.
It is with this basic agreement that we define our core beliefs as follows:
- We do not require nor adhere to any preexisting political ideology.
- We are diverse - ethnically, geographically, socially, politically, in age and in experience. We see diversity as a strength, not a weakness.
- We are committed to the principle of inclusion regardless of affiliation.
- We are 100% grassroots. No lobbyists allowed. No pundits permitted.
- We encourage reasonable deliberation amongst as many viewpoints as may be available or offered, by members of this or ANY other political party, in order to achieve maximum common good.
- We believe that politics is the art of compromise. That no single party has all the answers. And that the true measure of political success is when solutions result from maximum participation and minimum alienation of citizens working together towards achieving overall common good.
- We believe that honest consideration and debate from multiple points of view is potentially the only true means of achieving bi-partisan solutions to our issues as a nation. We further believe that bi- partisanship is the logical method to ensure maximum common good is achieved.
- We demand a government that responds to the needs of the majority of its citizens as expressed in the manner defined by the Declaration of Independence, Constitution of the United States and Bill of Rights. NOT corporate interests as expressed by misleading advertising and excessive campaign contributions.
- We believe our country's best interests are served when the government is made up of people acting independently of mainstream political parties, corporations, and political lobbying networks.
- We believe all efforts and activities by members of this organization should be carried out in the spirit of voluntarism and social responsibility.
- We are committed to the transformation of our current political system into a force that will return our nation to the Centrist course of popular governance best stated as; "of the People, by the People, for the People."
- We want a society in which the concept of democracy is treated as sacrosanct and ordinary citizens participate out of a sense of civic duty, civic pride, and a desire to contribute to society.
- We are a spontaneous and collective expression of our desire to forge a culture of civic engagement that is first and foremost solution-oriented.
- We are committed to the concept of allowing the Federal Government to exist as the means in which the individual states within this Nation centralize their activities on behalf of their citizens such as providing a military force, defending national borders and our interests abroad, and to ensure the general safety of it's population. It's size should not exceed what is granted to it by the states in order to effectively administer it's mandate.
- We believe in personal, professional and political accountability. We hold ourselves, our peers, predecessors, and allies to the highest possible ethical standards in all actions taken on behalf of this group, in the pursuit of our goals, and in the performance of duties by or on behalf of this nation.
Our Founders gave us an enduring gift - Democracy - We must use it to meet the challenges that we face as a nation as we enter the 21st Century and beyond.